The first and most frustrating aspect about the process of going to Korea, is the fact that my school will not send me any information about my living situation. I've already signed my contract, and as such the school drags their heels about sending me information or even responding to my emails.
Coupled with Korea's horrid reputation among email spam filters, and nothing gets through to my inbox. Sometimes I wonder if the school I selected even exists! The current teacher has only responded to one of my 3 or 4 emails, and i've yet to see the promised photos of my future apartment. In any case, I leave for Brazil next week Sunday so maybe my nerves will settle by the time I actually arrive in Korea.
I've made my pilgrimage to the Korean consulate in Chicago, received my E-2 visa and now all of my preparations are set. All I have to do is throw away all of my earthly possessions, pack my bags and enjoy the ride.
Lost in Translation
-
Three Things. 1. Loaded translations. Too much tipping the translations to
say what these videomakers want these women to say. And they sound like
they wer...
11 years ago
1 comment:
Hey james in korea. When do/did you arrive?
Post a Comment