It's been one week since I arrived in Korea. I haven't gotten a foreigner registration card yet, so i'm unable to get internet access in my room or a cell phone. The biggest thing on my mind lately are the discrepancies between my actual job and the contract that I signed..
Having been told we would be working 30 hour weeks, I was a bit surprised when the first week was easily over 40 hours of work. I can only hope this pattern subsides as the days flow by, but a part of me is worried that they just don't care.
In any case, I love being in South Korea. I went downtown to Rodeo street with my friends Matt and Rob who worked with me at the Expo in Japan in 2005. They've already been here for 8 months and seem to have quite a good understanding of everything that's going on. It's humbling not being able to speak the language, but I suppose only time will tell if I can overcome that hurdle. More updates as events warrant!
Lost in Translation
-
Three Things. 1. Loaded translations. Too much tipping the translations to
say what these videomakers want these women to say. And they sound like
they wer...
11 years ago
4 comments:
hi james,
i came across your blog and interested to have link exchange. Mine is here: www.BlogData.info
visit there and leave in comment box too if you're interested to do.
Thz
Dear James,
Please don't just work the over hours. Complain hard from the beginning otherwise the chances are things will stay that way.
And demand payment for overtime.
And if your boss is unreasonable, don't suffer on in silence- quit!.
Martina (experienced same thing and am fluent in Korean)
are you still in korea?
Yep! I have 4 months left. Admittedly I only write updates on this blog when i'm particularly depressed. I don't hate it here as much as it seems ;-)
Post a Comment