Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Internet

I've finally managed to get my hands on an internet connection which, by all normal standards, is quite quick. I can upload at a ridiculous 200k if I want, which means that I have a tor server running at all times (not an endpoint for http traffic of course, but I digress). It's taken my employer some four odd weeks to organize this deal, only (g)(G)od(s) knows why, but hopefully my updates will become slightly more frequent. In any case, i've opened an empty bank account, and i'm ready to settle in to my new life in Korea.
All I need now is a nice new keyboard with the Korean characters on the keys...

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey James. I've been keeping an eye on your blog since you posted awhile back on mine. Glad you're getting settled in. About the keyboard, if you want them, I can mail you a set of Hangeul stickers that I bought a few years ago and never got around to using. I'm embarassed to say, but what I did was to print out this chart from the web, glued it to an index card, and kept it by my computer. I just learned where the letters are and never got around to putting the stickers on. Crude but it worked for me. Good luck with your Korean adventure. -The Stumbler