Monday, February 9, 2009

Koreans Cheat

So, here's a nice post about how common place cheating is in Korea.

That being said, I have never in my life seen nor heard of the level of unethical practices on the scale that I observed in Korean schools.
(...)
Many Koreans I talk to absolutely don't believe me when I say that money in white envelopes doesn't change hands in the American system.
(...)
But in Korea, this is common enough that people actually think this is commonplace in the rest of the world. And from observing what happens in Korean schools, from listening to my students, and from getting into raging clashes with administrators as I refuse to be cooperate with such corruption directly, I know it is commonplace.

7 comments:

Korean Rum Diary said...

Haha. I love this guy. Korea is so bad for cheating scum. Can't they do anything honestly?

Korean Rum Diary said...

Damnit, James. I know you've been away from this country for six months, but aren't you going to keep updating your blog about reasons other people should hate Korea?

Alex said...

Yes this never appens in America. You must be deluded

James said...

First of all, even if that were true, it isn't an argument against the fact that cheating in Korea is a problem.
Second, it doesn't happen in America to the same extent, at all. It's not even comparable.

w said...

ABSOLUTELY TRUE,
KOREANS CHEAT SHAMELESSLY.
Folks, check Koreans in University of Washington, you'll find ALL Koreans cheat!!! I had a few times worked on projects with Korean students, every time I found them cheat; they cannot do anything by themselves! I'm sick on Koreans. They are too fake, too dishonest.

Ernie said...

I'm soo agreed with w. They are dishonest, cheaters, problematic and never sustain their words! They are just hasty climbers.

Ryan Wilson said...

Yes Ernie, I had the same experience with koeans.